19-11-2020 Update 05-12-2022 | Every week at the zydecozity radio program we play Gay Hayman’s mystery song, a song that he’s sending to a list bigger than 500 people every Friday. A little less than de newsletter called the « Zydezine » that was famous in the late nighties. This (11-06-2018) week I called him for an interview
CAJUN/ZYDECO MUSIC AND DANCE FRIENDS
Have you been missing your Cajun and Zydeco music fixes?
Many may not realize but for many years there has been a weekly radio broadcast from Europe that features Cajun and Zydeco music from all over the world.
Originated by Henk Mutsaers (musician, producer, and D.J.) from his ZydecoZity radio studio south of Amsterdam in the city of Raamsdonksveer in The Netherlands, but now (since December 2020), broadcasting his ZydeCajun radio show for two hours each Tuesday evening 20.00 hr and repeating Saturday at 15.00 hr on FDL Radio 100.4 FM studios in Luzy, France [Nièvre department in central France, Burgundy region als known as he Morvan].
Yes, you can hear it at home. The audio podcasts are available for FREE 24/7/365 and there is no subscription fee or personal information needed.
All of the productions from the Studios in France are posted as audio files and can be listened to AT ANY TIME via the Internet by selecting the appropriate URL link from provided web pages.
The entire library of all of the over 200 available programs and thousands of musical performances can be accessed via :
For example, for the current December 6, 2022 broadcast, use the easy scroll box near the top of the page. This is a newer feature. All the 2022 broadcasts are located there. For the 2020 and 2021 broadcasts, you can use the static links on the lower part of that same page.
Each 2-hour broadcast is in two parts of one hour each. While listening, you can pause, skip ahead, and skip back using the easy graphic sound timeline.
The broadcast is presented in a mixture of French and English (and sometimes some Dutch) so you won’t miss out on the commentary and is a highly professional mix.
As added information for each broadcast, a complete playlist of the featured artists and titles is presented at:
As an example, the December 6, 2022 playlist is as follows:
1. Hey Pretty Baby · Johnny Chauvin And The Mojo Band
2. Nathan & the Zydeco Cha Cha’s – Louisiana Man (Walz)
3. Feufollet – Heroes and villians
4. Père et Garçon – Mazurka de la Louisiane (France)
5. Cajun Aces – unknown track
6. Pain de Maïs – Blues de wade Fruge
7. Rusty Metoyer and the Zydeco Krush – Make you feel like a woman
8. Major Handy – Zydeco Mama
9. Eugine Hideaway Bridges – Hold on a little longer
10. Eugene Hideaway Bridges – Sam Cooke Medley
11. Joe Hall & The Louisiana Cane Cutters – Cafe Des Amis
12. Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys – Bayou Noir-Back Of Town Two-Step
13. Huval, Dupuy & Fuselier Cajun Band – Hick’s Wagon Wheel Special
1. Clinton Broussard & The Zydeco Machine Band – I Think This About You
2. Coincidence – Under the stormy sky
3. Bruce “Sunpie” Barnes feat Michael Douchet – Zydeco et la encore
4. Morand Cajun Band – Tete femme (France)
5. Clifton Chenier – Tu Es Si Jolie
6. Zydeco Swing · Nathan & The Zydeco Cha-Chas
7. Corey Ledet – Corey’s Breakdown
8. T Marie and Bayou Juju – Bayou pompon
9. T Marie and Bayou Juju – Evangeline Waltz
10. T Marie and Bayou Juju – Quelqu’un live
11. T Marie and Bayou Juju – Tit Galop live
12. T Marie and Bayou Juju – Mardi Gras Song live
13. Geno Delafose – Everybody’s Having Fun
14. River Zydeco Band – Georgia
15. Wayne Toups and Zydecajun – Little wooden box
You can visit the HOME PAGE of ZydeCajunRadio at:
where you will find links to many interesting articles and sources.
[There is a translation button that allows you to view the web pages in the language of your choice.]
Lots of good CZ music from musical groups from the US, Canada, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, and even Asia.
Give it a listen from time to time and hear music from groups with which you are familiar and those that will be new to your ears.